There are plenty of health plans available directly from insurers, without going through a marketplace.
How To Select Your Individual Health Plan
- Use an independent agent - We have access to many markets and special programs. This would include coverage under the healthcare reform.
- Look at several plans- Each plan offers different levels of coverage.
- Consider any dependents- If you have children under age 26 without health insurance coverage through an employer; the law permits them to be on your insurance.
- Review providers in the network- You may want to make sure your primary care physician is in network.
- Determine what you need vs. what you want- Determine what you need and focus on that.
- Consider deductibles- Plan premiums can vary with high deductibles; this may save you considerable dollars.
- Make sure your drugs are covered. You’ll want to make certain that the plan’s formulary, or list of covered medications, includes those you take regularly, especially if they are expensive.
Don't just look at premiums. Figure in other out-of-pocket costs you will face and compare these within each plan. Finally, you should expect your agent to continue advising and helping you even after you purchase a policy. It does not cost you anymore to use our services, so call us today
Let’s face it, medical treatments aren’t cheap. Without health insurance coverage you could end up paying off medical bills for the rest of your life. Columbia River Insurance Services can help you find an affordable healthcare plan that’s right for you. Contact one of our friendly agents today to learn more.